The National Testing Agency (NTA) has issued the exam pattern for JEE Main 2021 for B.Tech, B. Planning as well as B.Arch papers. The latest pattern is divided into two types- JEE Paper 1 pattern, which is mainly for B.Tech, and the other pattern is JEE Paper 2, which is for B. Planning and B.Arch. As per the latest exam pattern, both of these papers will take place online only, except for the Drawing test for B.Arch.
In this article, we would be talking about the JEE Main exam pattern 2021 as well as how and where one can download JEE Main 2021 question papers.
JEE Main 2021 Exam Pattern
- According to the latest exam pattern of JEE Main 2021, paper 1 would have 90 questions. Out of this, 25 would be from Physics, 25 from Chemistry, and another 25 from Mathematics. Candidates are required to attempt only 75 questions.
- Each subject would have 10 numerical questions and 20 MCQs. Out of 10 numerical questions, 5 are optional.
- There is no negative marking in numerical questions.
- JEE Main 2021 question papers have 2 parts: Paper 1 (B.Tech) which would be conducted for 300 marks and Paper 2 (B. Plan/ B.Arch) which would be conducted for 400 marks separately.
- JEE Main 2021 question papers will be held in 13 different regional languages.
How and Where to download JEE Main Question Papers 2021?
The question paper, as well as the answer key of JEE 2021 Mains, would be released in online mode. Following is the procedure to download JEE Main 2021 question paper:
- Visit the website of NTA JEE Main 2021, i.e., jeemain.nta.ac.in
- Click on the link- “JEE Main Question Paper and Answer key’.
- Enter your application number as well as the password.
- The Question Paper for JEE Mains 2021 would be displayed along with the answer key.
- You can now download the JEE Main 2021 question paper as well as the answer key as a pdf file.
Advantages of Practicing from JEE Main Question Papers
It is important to practise using previous year JEE Main question papers as well as sample papers. The main benefit of attempting such papers is that one gets to know the exam pattern, the time needed to answer a question and the difficulty level of the exam. Practising these will help you get a better JEE Main result. Keep on reading to understand the advantages better:
- By practising JEE Main 2021 question papers, students can better understand the exam pattern and get better clarity on the marking scheme.
- By regularly and constantly using the question papers, one can get a good idea of the syllabus and the weightage. This way, you can easily get to know about the topics from the syllabus that are frequently featured in the entrance exam as well as those which have a low occurrence.
- Through regular solving of the JEE Main question papers, one can also get a better understanding of the type of questions that are asked in the exam.
- This way, candidates can also analyse their preparation and thus improve their revision. Students also get to know their strong as well as weak areas. This can help in building onto their JEE Main Preparation.
One of the most important factors for successfully cracking the JEE Main 2021 exam is time management. Practising JEE Main question papers helps the students to become adept at managing time during the actual exam and perform better for an excellent JEE Main 2021 Result. This will also help in improving the speed of answering questions.